Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Love And Acceptance Should Not Be Confused With Each Other




Proponents of so called Marriage Equality have been really diluting the word of God by claiming that his greatest Commandment is love. Therefore, love everybody and let them live. Even some pastors are saying that which puzzles me. The problem here is that they are confusing love with acceptance. It is true that God wants us to love our neighbors and the greatest commandment is love. But does that mean we just accept things that God says are wrong because they say this is who I am and I can't change.

Leviticus 20:13, If a man has sexual relations as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. That is very clear that that is not an acceptable behavior in God's eyes. The idea that we should just accept this because of love really doesn't hold water.

Imagine this.A father loves his son unconditionally. But one day he finds drugs in his room. He tells his son that he is welcome any time but the drugs are not. So if you are going to have drugs you are not and you have to leave if you have drugs. Get rid of the drugs and you are welcome to come back any time but drugs are not welcome in my house.

Is that a lack of love? I don't think so. He is not accepting his sons lifestyle but will welcome him back when he changes it. That is tough unconditional love. Yet, he did not accept a lifestyle choice that God says is wrong.

Let me ask this. What if the son were to look at his dad and say, "But Dad, this is who I am and I can't change." Would that fly? Of course not. What if pedophiles start using that argument? It is not an acceptable answer for any of them. So why is it acceptable for homosexuals to use it? I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment